- 1 What fees does Revolut mobile banking charge?
- 2 A neobank adapted to travel?
What fees does Revolut mobile banking charge?
the bank mobile applied 3 Rates different depending on the chosen subscription:
- the bill revolution standard It’s free and requires no commitment. You can cancel your account whenever you want.
- the bill revolution Premium It costs €7.99/month, with a tacitly renewable 1-year commitment. If you cancel during the year, the subscription will remain valid until the end of the 12-month period and will not renew for the following year. In the end, the Velocity for one year it is €96.
- the bill revolution Metal It costs €13.99/month, with a 1-year commitment as in the Premium account. the Velocity is therefore €168 for 12 months.
Bank commissions applied by the neobank
Revolut card usage fees
Rrevolut credit card it is free when you use it as a means of payment, that is, for an expense in the store or an online transaction. The advantage is that no commission applies, even for payments in foreign currency! In this case, Revolut is based on the currency conversion rate at time t. Please note that the Revolut Standard account sets a limit of €6,000 per month, then applies a 0.5% increase.
Regarding the withdrawal of tickets from the vending machine, it will cost you 2% if you exceed the following limits:
- €200 per month for a Standard account
- €400 per month for a Premium account
- €600 per month for a Metal account
We find this limit quite restrictive… In comparison, its competitor N26 allows you to withdraw for free 5 times a month, with no amount limit.
Fees for transfers in the Euro zone
As with most neobanks, revolution bank it is free for all transfers to a bank in the euro zone. The operation is done in a few seconds from the mobile application.
International transfer fees
The transfers international they are free, even for banks outside the euro zone. The conversion rate applied is then the daily exchange rate on the foreign exchange market (the famous Forex).
However, there are some exceptions:
- If the transfer is made on a weekend or holiday, a surcharge of 0.5% to 3% is applied depending on the currency. The mobile bank explains that since the foreign exchange market is closed, it must hedge against changes in the exchange rate that could occur at the next opening.
- the bill revolution Standard establishes a limit of €6,000 per month, and applies a surcharge of 0.5% from that limit. Other subscriptions do not apply limit.
Instant money transfer
If a transfer is made from a revolution account to another bill revolution, the transfer is instant and does not apply any fee. This is true regardless of where the beneficiary is located and the currency used.
Caution: Before making a to transfer instant, make sure the recipient’s Revolut account is still active! Indeed, a rather unpleasant situation happened to me: I transferred money to the account of a friend who had closed it a few days before without notifying me. Neither he nor I managed to recover the money, despite our numerous calls and identifications. We ended up giving up (the amount was not worth all our efforts to get it back), but it was a bitter experience…
Comparison of Revolut France offers
To summarize, we have made a comparator Revolut neobank offers.
Revolut offers are all very competitive in terms of prices, especially when compared to the fees charged by traditional banks. Fintech is particularly interesting for operations in badge Foreignbecause it does not charge any additional commission, except for certain currencies and for operations carried out on Saturdays and Sundays.
However, we find it unfortunate that for Revolut Standard, the shipment of the new bank card is billed at €5… Please note that it is possible to make sponsorin this case the delivery of the card is free.
Similarly, we find it difficult to understand that the Premium and Metal offers limit free withdrawals to €400 and €600 per month, knowing that cash can be very important in certain countries… N26, for example, allows free and unlimited withdrawals in all foreign countries. coins
A neobank adapted to travel?
Revolut seems to us to be an excellent bank for travelers. Its free offer allows you to carry out very practical operations on the move:
- Free coin payment by credit card
- Forex withdrawals at ATMs (up to €200, which is a bit limited…)
- Free SEPA and non-SEPA transfers
The Premium and Metal offers also offer a whole range of insurance and assistance very useful for traveling, for a few euros a month. Please note, however, that in order to be covered, the plane/train tickets must be paid for with the Revolut card.